Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Judge not least ye be

K,

Do you remember when I first met you and thought you were crazy because you had pasta on your head? And then you did turn out to be crazy, but not in the way I thought?

You'd think I would have learned my lesson. Today on the bus I was knitting on a sock, and I see skull punk chick standing outside, about to get on. I kept knitting, but snuck glances in that general direction. This girl is pretty with a harsh, large nose ring, and I mean the kind that looks like a bull's semicircle through the nostrils. Yesterday she hopped on the bus carrying what looked to be a yellow teapot, a rather large yellow teapot. Today, she entered wearing punk pants (I don't know how to describe them other than that they don't look like normal pants) and arm warmers with skulls on them. She might also sport several skull tattoos on her arms, but I might be confusing her with a gentleman who sat in the exact same spot and had tattoos. We'll see.

Well, I was all set to have my own beliefs about her, think that she's just some punk chick who's into skulls in a different way than I am, when she just did it. She whipped out her knitting.

Karen, I was shocked. And then I admonished myself. Knitters are everywhere. Don't judge a muggle until you really know.

A

No comments: