Sunday, April 22, 2012

progress report

A,
Hi, how are things? Did you hear we might have a college group reunion?  I just got done talking with Sarah and we decided that I should skype in.  Since I'm not, you know, in Iowa.

In the world of knitting, I have been working mostly on my secret project.  I'm onto the second ball of yarn now, and my project only has 26 rows left.  Yay!  I'm making so much progress.


The mice have been neglected.  I'm working on the body of the last mouse (the knight in shining armor), but I've been stuck on that same spot for at least a week now.


And that snake thing?  No progress.  It's just hanging around, hissing at me for leaving it unfinished.

I've been knitting a bit less lately.  First, there was the tri trip.  I was the designated driver, and the length of car ride tended to coincide well with a certain someone's nap time.  Which meant I didn't have a whole lot of down time outside of the car to work on things.

And secondly, I've been spending my free time on the computer doing chemistry tutoring.  Which has been great!  I didn't even realize how much I missed chemistry.  Plus tutoring.  I've missed that also.  This is seriously the perfect part-time job to have with a little one.  All I need to do is wait for nap time and then log in.  Although, I haven't gotten a pay check yet.  The web site was a bit convoluted about their algorithm for paying tutors, so we'll see if it's worth it or not.

How are things in the life of Amy?  I hope you are doing well.  You should share some projects!  I want to know how those birds are turning out.

K

PS.  There's a wet suit hanging in our garage and every time I see it out of the corner of my eye, I get freaked out that there's a person in there.

No comments: