Saturday, March 31, 2012

update on projects

A,
Here is an update on my knitting projects. There are two of them, in fact, and both are quite enjoyable to work on. I have been concentrating most of my efforts on the secret project. This is the yarn I have left from my first ball of yarn:


I still have about two more skeins to go, so I am approximately a third of the way done.

Secondly, the mice are coming along well. I have been working on these sporadically, but they have promise of turning out adorably. Here is the mom mouse with her two little mouselings:

I'm going to do the rest assembly-line style, so I have just the bodies done for the friar, queen, and princess (below). I took this picture yesterday, and I have since finished all three bodies:


(Actually, last night, I was just going to knit a tad while starting the first episode of Downton Abbey. I really wasn't going to stay up that late, but it was so interesting that I had to keep watching, and therefore keep knitting, and that's when I finished the princess body. Thanks for the TV recommendation!)

So that is the progress I have been making. I'm aiming for seven mouselings (well, plus the two babies above). Toys are so much fun to make!

K

PS. What have you been up to?

No comments: