Tuesday, February 14, 2012

be prepared

A,
Thrummed mittens are being sent to the other side of the world.

And now I am working on projects for future future needs.

First, there is a secret Christmas project for one of our blog readers. I started eleven months early! There is no way I won't finish this in time.

And if you thought that was working ahead of time, my second project is even more forward-thinking. This project won't be ready to give for at least a couple of years. Mainly because of the small pieces that might pose a choking hazard for little M.

I am making a small army of medieval mice for Myra. Clothes-wearing, anthropomorphized, miniature mice with lots of itsy bitsy pieces. And baby mice heads the size of peas.

The good news is that because these won't be suitable to gift for quite a while, I have a long time before I even have to think about weaving in all those ends, assembling limbs, or stuffing bodies. Now all I have to do is knit.

I'd like to say that I'm picking projects this far ahead of time because I am incredibly on top of life and am always prepared. The truth is that I just like to pick out the projects that look fun and then find a reason to knit them. Adorable toy mice look like fun projects to knit, and if I have to hold onto them for a while before M gets to them, that just means I get to play with them first.

K

No comments: