Saturday, January 7, 2012

Neighbors

Dr. A,
Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Graduation, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year's! I guess I haven't posted in a while.

We had some interesting neighbors for a while. They were the first neighbors we've had who left their windows open. Which meant, well, I got a little snoopy. I mean, it was hard not to, because their default voices were loud. It was difficult to make out actual words, but their tone was frequently sarcastic or angry. This made James sad, because he didn't like to hear dysfunctional families, though I am ashamed to say that I reveled in the drama. Then, they put their house back up for rent just a couple of months after they moved in. I wondered if there was any drama involved in that decision, but I will probably never know.

Our new neighbors just moved in about a week ago. They're from Wisconsin. By the way, in case you were unaware, Wisconsin is code for awesome. I have high hopes for this couple.

What I wanted to say was that, even though I enjoyed snooping on my neighbors and trying to overhear their conversations, I am glad that I am not in their position. I am thankful to have a loving and supportive husband, and a beautiful, brand-new little girl. I know it doesn't work out like that for everyone, and so I am all the more thankful. I wish us both new years full of functional family life and much joy.

Love,
K

PS. Check out little M's awesome fashion sense. Aren't her socks adorable?

PPS. I know you were thinking about short-term jobs for the semester. Even though it's likely not practical, I feel I would be amiss if I did not recommend applying for the job of astronaut. Or, you know, since you were interested in tutoring, I might recommend online tutoring as well.

No comments: