Tuesday, October 11, 2011

almost about triathlons, and almost about running, but sort of more about this stroller we bought

A,
In honor of last weekend's Kona Ironman, I am going to talk about triathlons. Well, not really. Just a little. James finished an olympic-distance triathlon a couple of weeks ago, and he is on a triathlon kick. He's already planned out which events he wants to enter this year, and what distances he wants to train up for. He's salivating over triathlon bikes and plotting his training, even though it is technically the "off" season.

His enthusiasm is infectious.

I trained for a triathlon once (just a little baby sprint distance), and I never want to do it again. I found it hard to manage three things at once, and I didn't like being pulled in so many different directions. I'm a one-task-at-a-time sort of person. But still, his enthusiasm is infectious. It makes me want to go running again.

I know I'm going to have to wait a while, but the weather is getting cool again, and I would really like to go for a run. So it just got me thinking.

I have this sitting in the corner of the room, although instead of fueling more thoughts of running (this time with baby in tow), it is now a bit of a disappointment to me.


Let me ask you a question. Does this look like a jogging stroller to you? Because it does to me.

I really thought when we bought this, that it was a jogging stroller. And let me tell you why. First, it looks like a jogging stroller. Second, when we talked to the sales lady and indicated our interest in jogging strollers, this was one of the models that she showed us. And finally, the brand of this stroller is called "babyjogger." One would think this was a pretty straightforward jogging stroller.

Until I found this the other day:


"Warning: Do not exceed 3mph."

What?!

I guess this is not a jogging stroller. Either that, or the makers of this baby stroller expect new moms to be incredibly slow.

I guess my dreams of running again, albeit dreams far into the future, will have to proceed sans baby.

K

PS. I may be dreaming about running again, but I am also still dreaming about lace. Tomorrow I might buy some yarn. At least I can work on that dream.

PPS. Underwater sea creatures!

No comments: