Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sandwich Gloves

K,

Well, it's either been raining so that I haven't been able to take pictures of the handspun gloves, or Kris has been too busy or at school, or I've been too busy! Life has been colluding against me.

I had, however, earlier managed to take some pictures of my sandwich gloves, quickly named because they fit so smartly I decided I could easily eat a sandwich in them if I wanted to on the way to school. This theory has not been tested yet, and sadly, I don't believe it will this winter, since it's rather warmed up outside to just the need for a jacket. It's a rare glove day.Specs:
Yarn: Knit Picks Bare - Merino Wool Fingering, 1 skein, hand-dyed by yours truly. I believe this was the first yarn I ever hand-dyed. I just never used it until now. Strange, huh. Kool-aid!
Needles: 0
Gauge: 7.5 stitches/inch
Size: 7" hand circumference
Ravelled here.
Plain stockinette st with just a short garter border, letting the colors do all the work.
I'm currently finished up my second pair of these babies in a different color for my sister. She also will not be able to eat sandwiches in them any time soon, but hopefully she likes them.

(By the way, I do hope you enjoy the new format. I decided we needed a change of scenery. Spring inspired me.)

Love ya,
A

3 comments:

Karen said...

I am intrigued by your thumb gusset.

Karen said...

Oh, and I should say too, excellent work. Your dye job has made me re-think my aversion to variegated yarns. The gloves look quite comfortable.

Amy said...

Is my thumb gusset weird? Why do people keep questioning my thumb gussets. I thought they were pretty ordinary. Perhaps they are not.

I was surprised the yarn did not pool. It striped rather nicely. I'm surprised my first variegated yarn did so well.