Monday, February 9, 2009

Cobra Dance

K,

Do you remember the wool from the other day? Go look at it. You might even want to embiggify it. That's 4 ounces of gorgeous Finn that I dyed, inspired by the colors from a Bollywood movie street dance scene which had a lot of earthy yet bold and bright colors. The film was Bride and Prejudice, and the trailor is actually a fairly good representation of the film, if you're interested. The scene was Marriage Into Town, which is a pretty hilarious song. I'm pretty sure I messed up and should have done this for you before your wedding. Sorry.



Delightfully, I spun this up the week before school started into singles.

Somehow, amazingly, I managed to spin this onto the two bobbins just perfectly so that when I double-plied it they came out even. I had Kris point out where the yarn started and the leader stopped for you.


Isn't that incredible? I'm still stupified.

Washed, beat-up, dried, and the yarn looked a million times better. At first I was a tad unsure if I liked how the colors were meshing together, but now I truly liked them.

The finished skein.




A fast shot, as it was what we refer to as a "wintery mix" or what I call, bad weather, during my photoshoot.

This has not stayed as mere yarn for long. For now, however, I'll leave you with the Cobra Dance. From another movie.

Love,
A




No comments: