Sunday, September 23, 2007

She knits, she purls, she fires!

A,
I see what you're saying about the decreasing. You're right, I was doing ssk, k1, k2tog. My ssk was the modified version of the ssk with a slipped knit and then a slipped purl stitch. It did not look okay, since it was pulling away from the center stitch. Dissatisfied with the way my decreases were going, I decided to pull out and try a different method. So this is my new decrease pattern which seems to be working mildly better. Although in my book it still looks pretty crappy. Here I am just using K2tog as my decreasing stitch, although the line of decreases is more prominent than I would have hoped. I was also hoping to avoid a diagonal decrease line. This is pretty frustrating. I may play around with your suggestions though. Maybe I'll catch onto something that works.


James took me to the shooting range today. I fired my first bullet--it was in the bulls-eye.


I was pretty proud of myself. I was thinking of taking my target to lab and showing it to my students as a demonstration of accuracy versus precision. Although if I was going to take a target, this wouldn't be the optimal one to demonstrate the difference between these two concepts.

K

No comments: