Monday, April 2, 2012

one more stripe left

A,
Actually, I lied. I have a third project going. (Well, a fourth if you count the socks in my closet that have been socking around for years without being worked on, but that project doesn't quite count because I've totally placed it out of my mind.) The third project is a snake: the green and purple striped snake. It just won't go away. And it's freaking me out.


I know it would take all of five minutes to fix up the tail (well, a tad longer), but for some reason I just haven't finished it. And it's lurking around, making me anxious, because I hate having things hanging over my head.

You see, I have decided that the perfect number of knitting projects to work on at one time is two. Any more that that, and one of them tends to get ignored. Yes, two is the best number. Two, because it's nice to have something a little bit mindless to work on and also another something that is a bit more complicated. Two, because it's nice to switch off between projects when you need a diversion. And two, because any more than that, and I feel like I can't keep up with everything.

I really need to finish that snake. I just have one more stripe left.

K

PS. I am sure you would disagree with me about this post. I suppose not everyone likes a finite number of projects at one time, but for me, that's the way life is. I hate having things hanging over my head.

PPS. I got a touch of sunburn the other day. Our Arizona summer is warming up already.

No comments: