Tuesday, January 8, 2008


K,

This post was going to come a little later, but seeing as womanhood is calling, I've decided not to go to my last class of the day. By the way, I'm a big fan of Howie Mandel right now...not for his comedy, not for his genius work on that TV show of money and phone calls and women, but for what he said on Jay Leno the other evening. I'm not entirely sure what I was doing, but all of a sudden I heard Howie ponder what men would do if they bled for a week once a month. He announced that he wouldn't even leave the house to go golfing, while Jay sat there, looking extremely uncomfortable before he announced he was changing the topic.

Thanks Howie. Sincerely. That was great. I'm glad I have your support in not going to my first Neuroscience class.

However, this is, for once, not about bodily functions. This is about social functions. Social functions, fun, and crafting were the themes of this year's Holiday Break!

We laughed as old friends got back together at the rehearsal dinner.


The bride decided to wear a holiday ornament spiked with rose petals instead of white...


Though then she later reconsidered, to our chagrin. Girl has got a lot of hair.


I ran into an absolutely gorgeous woman as she hopped down her icy driveway on one foot, as the puppy had eaten her other shoe. I, ever the white knight, scooped her up in my arms and carried her as far as I could toward the house, until I almost dropped her. It was beautiful. Too bad it was not captured on film.


And she brought me wool! Not only alpaca, which I've been dying to spin, but (taking a deep breath) Royal Baby Alpaca. From the farm she visited in AZ. Mmmmmm. So soft and a lovely golden light brown. I'm very excited. It is next after I finish the yak I'm spinning now.

Kris wore the new shirt I got him for Christmas. I sucked myself into the dress.


The two ladies who run this here blog looked very lovely, if I may say.


And only got a bit crazy.

Well, only a bit crazy at the actual wedding. More craziness came later, and it involved headbands, fat men, women lying about their red panties, and lovely ladies. We tried to make mulled wine,


but we really didn't need it. We make our own fun.


Kris' monster found some friends at K's parents' house.

And then she was back in Arizona and I was back in Iowa. Miss you, K. Hope everything is going well. However, we had even more partying to do, and it involved a blow torch.


Thankfully, I wasn't handling the blow torch. We brought in the new year with lights and fire and shouting and well wishes.


And then somebody actually did hand me the blow torch and I was glad that all the wool I was wearing was self-extinguishing.


Again, we weren't even drinking. I have no inhibitions with no EtOH in my system, you don't want to see me with it pulsing through my veins. It was dang cold, so we went inside and I made hot cocoa.


I made Kris stand around in his hat for me to catch a picture with this fun new camera I got for Christmas! I am now the proud owner of a PowerShot A570IS, and Kris is the proud owner of a a hat based off of the dashing mitts. I'll give you another post with the details. I've got a lot of catch-up to play, but I'm just starting here with a pictoral over-view. Bear with me while I figure out how to use this camera!


And he also received his very own Paper Monster, who is not yet named. Probably because he doesn't have a face yet. I hope to make one for him this weekend. He's got his own surprises as well.


I got the second of my Hepatitis A vaccine shots, complete with this snazzy Barbie Band-Aid. IfI become a pediatrician or family practice doc, I need to make sure I've got some fun band-aids on hand.


And I started working on The Amorphous Blob, which is a Seamless Sweater with Set-in Sleeves by Barbara G. Walker from the book, "Knitting from the Top." It's in the Knitpicks Ambrosia yarn that Kris got me for our first year anniversary in Dusk. And it is so soft. I think Knitpicks is going to discontinue it soon, but I'll tell you more about that later as well.


So many stories to tell from this break! Especially crafting stories, which are the best kind, but I'm going to go curl up in a ball for awhile with a heating pad, and I'll share all the dirty good bits later.

It was so great seeing you, K. You look beautiful, and I hope to see you again soon.

Love,
A

No comments: